Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
27-09-2011, 06:01 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Well, we will never agree. Perhaps we could agree that it might be best for Ruth to leave Section D and find a position less morally ambiguous. Spooks would be as thrilling but not as fun without the bickering of Harry and Ruth. By the way, I am not solely interested in Ruth and Harry. I liked the action of episode 2 and hope that we will see more of it in the next episodes. I was holding my breath the whole time and did not miss a longer H/R interaction.

I still think that Ruth was entitled to know some parts of the meeting, obviously not the killing or more personal talk with Elena. Ruth is afraid that Harry is getting too involved and no longer can analyze the situation rationally.

Remember when Harry was following Catherine to see what she was doing and Adam got mad at Harry because he was jeopardizing the operation. Adam reproached Harry to be too close to the operation through his daughter. Harry loses his objectivity when the events are related to his family or loved ones. It seems to be the case with Sasha and Elena.

The writers seem to enjoy showing the unsavory sides of Harry in just one series. I had really not noticed them before because they were spread over many series. Perhaps it is the plan to highlight the dark sides of spying. I was looking forward to explore Harry's past, but now I am not so sure I want to know more about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 27-09-2011 06:01 PM