Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
17-10-2011, 06:16 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
The Harry and Ruth moments in this episode 5 were amongst the very best we have ever seen IMO. The Spooks writers are very clever how they build the romance (what a lot of us would own up to being our favourite element of the showSilba) into a drama which is anything but.

The car scene was one of the most intimate scenes they have ever shared. My favourite line was Ruth's: 'guilt is something I understand....and jealousy too'. She was admitting that she shopped Harry to Towers out of spite there I think. Harry wasn't the only guilty party in the mess surrounding Coaver's death, because somewhere along the line there must have been an intercepted call to the CIA - otherwise how would Gavrik's men have known where they were. If Ruth hadn't shopped Harry then maybe he wouldn't have got kidnapped (by the baddies, I mean).

I also enjoyed the telephone conversation after Ruth gets out of the US embassy. I can understand how she felt manipulated, it passed through my mind that Harry was softening her up so that he could get her to steal the laptop for him. But he talked me around as well, he was very clever to bring up the proposal as evidence of his lack of timing. I just wish he could pull Ruth into a hug instead of Elena, she's had two in two weeks, lucky thing!

And I have to mention the Harry and Ruth moment that was implied in the Harry/Ilya scene. I have never seen Harry look so heart broken as when Ilya was asking what Harry had to show for all his years in secret service. All those missed years with Ruth. **sniff**
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Naivety - 17-10-2011 06:16 PM