Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-10-2011, 11:14 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
Harry did seem sincere when he was speaking to Ruth to reassure her. But if he goes on manipulating Ruth, is he really the right man for her? Doesn't she deserve better than to expect to be manipulated by Harry in her private life? I suppose that Harry can't help himself after so many years of lying and manipulating people.

In fact, I am happy that Spooks is ending now. I am getting really annoyed at the bleakness and despair surrounding Harry; at his solitude and mostly, as PF remarked,

Series 10 Spoiler: show
at the fact that [i]Harry and Ruth are emotional cripples. His suggestion is somewhat contradicted by the actions of Harry and Ruth in the last two episodes. Finally, they are speaking honestly about their feelings towards each other and in the next trailer Ruth even grabs Harry's hand and tells him "leave the service with me, while we still know who we are". I hope that Harry accepts her suggestion, but somehow I doubt it. If Harry refuses her offer unless it is to save the country a last time, I have to believe that Harry is more crippled emotionally than Ruth. She not only reaches out to him but also in recent years had a semblance of a family life with George and Nico. I hate to say it but it might be too late for them.

I can only hope that Ian Wyle is right and that we will be satisfied with the ending. At least Harry and Ruth are smiling at each other, an improvement over series 9. However, we need some of the jokes and the lightness of the earlier years back. Where did they go?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 19-10-2011 11:14 AM