Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-10-2011, 05:52 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
(19-10-2011 11:25 AM)Agent Acme Wrote:  I really hate to disagree with you there. I'd love for things to work out for Harry and Ruth, but Ian Wylie's blog doesn't really fill me with much confidence, a great ending, yes but for H/R shippers?

Ian's a bloke ( sorry boys, generalising a bit here, no offence!) Men tend to have a more pragmatic approach to romance, and fictional romance, well, I don't think you'll catch many men reading Barbara Cartland or Mills and Boon, and 'chick flics', you have to drag em' to the cinema....or so they would have you believe!

I still live in hope, and everything is crossed, but......

Mills and Boon?, Barbara Cartland? This is Spooks! I love the Harry and Ruth story for what it is, not because it's some sickly, treacly gooey-eyed romance. Remember the key words of 5.5: 'leave it as something wonderful... something wonderful but never said'. Harry and Ruth is subtly written, and it probably will be until the very end. I think that is what Ian Wylie is hinting at.

Spoiler: show
There is also a line in his blog: 'and we await a kiss'. If we get one of those I will be very happy indeed!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - Naivety - 19-10-2011 05:52 PM