Poll: Will Harry and Ruth get together by the end of the show?
I don't think so - a happy ending for them probably isn't in keeping with the show's philosophy.
Please yes - one happy ending won't being back all the others who didn't get one.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
19-10-2011, 09:41 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance?
The Cult Box preview for episode 6 reveals how much Elena might have
Spoiler: show
ruined Harry's life.

The fate of nations hangs on what happens between a few people in one room; on whether they can trust one another through the decades-old deceptions, and the resulting tension bleeds through the screen. This is an episode which, for many characters, is all about who you can trust, and whether that trust and devotion have been fatally misplaced all along.

If Harry has misplaced his trust and devotion in Elena as perhaps suggested above, Elena might have been guilty of indirectly breaking up his marriage to Jane and his estrangement from his English children. I can imagine that the guilt that Harry must have felt over the years about his supposed abandonment of Elena and Sasha would have had a tremendous impact on his family life in England. It would also have hampered his relationship with Ruth (A marriage proposal at a funeral is guaranteed to get a refusal from a girl. What was the man thinking!).

I know I am speculating and I might be totally wrong.
Spoiler: show
Perhaps the misplaced trust and devotion refer to Elena and not to Harry. I can't help being prejudiced against Elena and it has nothing to do with Ruth. Elena's statements just do not ring true.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth: Back With A Vengeance? - beatrice4ruth - 19-10-2011 09:41 PM