Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley
09-03-2011, 07:41 AM
RE: [Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley
(09-03-2011 05:29 AM)JHyde Wrote:  The thing is, I mostly agree with why they chose to do a different story for Lucas. Their motivation was pure, they didn't want to do another hero dying in a blaze of glory or under damning circumstances (like Zoe or Tom).

I just think that it didn't work with the character they chose. What they gave us is difficult to reconcile with the Lucas we had for 2 seasons prior to this turn around.

To qualify an earlier post, I do understand why they wanted to go down a new route. From what I gather, they wanted to keep things fresh by going someplace new. I think someone else said this above, it's not the fact that Lucas has a double identity that was the issue, it was how this double identity was presented to the viewers. If that makes sense?

I don't think many people would argue with the last statement of yours either. The reason that I personally find the Jucas storyline so annoying is because it undermines previous series now for me. It's like the sports analogies above... the set up of the goal wasn't there to get the ball in the hoop.

To the person above me that's a good point. I wonder what random viewers who had never seen previous series before think of Jucas? I mean if there was no previous canon, I guess there's no reason why that storyline wouldn't work as a concept (there would still be niggling plot holes but they wouldn't feel as big).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley - xRuthx - 09-03-2011 07:41 AM