Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley
20-03-2011, 09:50 AM
RE: [Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley
(09-03-2011 07:00 AM)Naivety Wrote:  The Lucas storyline didn't make sense to us dedicated fans, but to someone watching for the first time or as a stand alone series, it must have seemed good, 'high octane hokum', to quote Peter Firth.

(09-03-2011 07:41 AM)xRuthx Wrote:  To the person above me that's a good point. I wonder what random viewers who had never seen previous series before think of Jucas? I mean if there was no previous canon, I guess there's no reason why that storyline wouldn't work as a concept (there would still be niggling plot holes but they wouldn't feel as big).

From the reactions of people I knew whom I got them into watching Spooks, they were utterly disappointed at the sheer stupidity of this storyline.

They were not as fanatical as I am about Lucas's storyline, but they thought the execution of the storyline was just horrible. They keep on coming to me and saying that it just made no sense, that there was no proper explanation about how anything really happen as if insulting the viewer's intelligence.

My residence faculty master who is a Film and East Asian Studies professor just kept on shaking his head at how the most important and central point of the story is the weakest and one that the writers never tried or even attempted to explore, he thought it was shameful that these writers didn't even have the decency to think of a good plan other than just shock value.

Personally, I don't really care that RA was leaving or that Lucas would die, what really mattered to me was that the storyline makes sense!

I understand that writers can't please everyone, and I don't expect them to, their focus should be on the show and what the show needs, not trying to cater to every fan desire, that's fine, I get it, that doesn't upset me. But when you throw away logic to make room for just shock value, then it's stupid.

The attitude these writers presented were just smug, as if thinking that they had written the most amazing story in the world, and that is what really pisses me off. In their minds, it's like the viewers are stupid or something, and that somehow being shocking matters more than executing a storyline that makes actual sense!

I would gladly stick around to watch Series 10 even if RA/Lucas left, but now because of their stupid smug attitudes and their horrid storyline, I'm not looking forward to Series 10 at all.

I have lost faith in these writers.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley - BravoNine - 20-03-2011 09:50 AM