Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley
20-03-2011, 10:59 AM
RE: [Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley
(20-03-2011 09:50 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(09-03-2011 07:00 AM)Naivety Wrote:  The Lucas storyline didn't make sense to us dedicated fans, but to someone watching for the first time or as a stand alone series, it must have seemed good, 'high octane hokum', to quote Peter Firth.

(09-03-2011 07:41 AM)xRuthx Wrote:  To the person above me that's a good point. I wonder what random viewers who had never seen previous series before think of Jucas? I mean if there was no previous canon, I guess there's no reason why that storyline wouldn't work as a concept (there would still be niggling plot holes but they wouldn't feel as big).

From the reactions of people I knew whom I got them into watching Spooks, they were utterly disappointed at the sheer stupidity of this storyline.

Coincidentally, the subject of season 9 came up in conversation yesterday, and someone happened to mention it was not a show they had ever consciously seen before - their housemate was a fan, so this was their introduction to proceedings. "Some people thought the storyline was a bit undercooked," I said, trying to be neutral Silba "Oh god!" he replied, "I was insulted and I wasn't even really watching."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Spoilers] Interview with S9 writers Sam Vincent & Jonathan Brackley - binkie - 20-03-2011 10:59 AM