Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 6.5 [Re-watch]
05-04-2011, 02:03 PM
RE: Episode 6.5 [Re-watch]
Hahahahaha, Silktie! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Not only is the melodrama laid on thick as thieves, the filming is too. This is the episode where S6 really becomes very distracting to me. Especially when there is such a convoluted story going on. It's frenetic and not in a good way. It's not that it's badly done, it's just too much: too many close-ups, too much hand held, too much split screen, too many cuts, and the editing is too slick but not at all subtle. I start counting the seconds for each shot and never got past 2-3 each. There is not one moment where you can settle in as a viewer and concentrate. Maybe that was the intention, but it only succeeds in my not paying attention to plot and character at all!

I had the same thoughts about Adam and keeping his his w*nk in his pants esp. after Harry comes to his house and tells him to keep his fly shut! I do like that scene though. It shows the chemistry between PF and RPJ very nicely. How often does Harry visit his officers at home?

Is this the first time we see an actual consummation scene? I'm not afraid of it. I just didn't need it.

The thought has occurred to me that maybe Adam is so taken with Ana because he is trying to "re-live" his relationship with Fiona? Maybe he is trying to save Ana from her assumed oppressive marriage like he saved Fiona? Problem is, Ana doesn't want to be saved.

Seems to me that if Ana has the balls to drug Adam, drag him to the tub and leave him to drown, she'd have the steel to not give up his location to Ros quite so easily? All that to get the info that the Iranians have the real triggers? I don't buy that Bakhshi would trust this info to the wife that has proven herself to be untrustworthy over and over again. Actually, I think she is doing all of it to be part of something because Dariush doesn't bother her with the political details of his job.

Snakes. Why does it always have to be snakes? Wink

This is a very paranoid episode on The Grid in general isn't it? Shades of S9.

I wish they had cast someone a bit more dynamic as Ben.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 6.5 [Re-watch] - Silktie - 03-04-2011, 10:47 AM
RE: Episode 6.5 [Re-watch] - Silktie - 05-04-2011, 09:40 AM
RE: Episode 6.5 [Re-watch] - A Cousin - 05-04-2011 02:03 PM
RE: Episode 6.5 [Re-watch] - SweetTea - 27-01-2012, 06:15 AM
RE: Episode 6.5 [Re-watch] - HellsBells - 06-04-2011, 01:26 PM
RE: Episode 6.5 [Re-watch] - Noam - 03-02-2012, 02:02 PM