Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7.6 [Re-watch]
01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch]
I thought this episode hangs together really well considering everything that is going on in it: Lucas & Dean, Ros & Sands, Harry & Connie.

I particularly like the filming of it. Every little sequence is really tight and clear. There are several really nice looking sequences. The shot in the car-park when Jo is driving in and Lucas et al are going into the shopping Mall is a great panning shot. The flashback sequence where Dean witnesses the use of the disruptor is well done. The door locking sequence with Dean's mother is very suspenseful. You just know she going to get it! The chase sequence of Dean through the shopping Mall to his death in the lift must have taken forever.

I can't remember if I expected the kid to be shot or not upon my first viewing. However, it still got to me. That is more because of the performance of the mother than anything else. Broke my heart. Even Ros looked like she was going to lose it. Lucas sure does go above and beyond, doesn't he? He seems to get really connected to his charges. I think the conversation he has with Dean about his upbringing is interesting. Is there something in Dean that reminds him of himself at that age?

Me being me, I was geeking out with Malcolm again and trying to figure out how "classified" the electronic disruptor weapon really is, and as usual, not very. Something much like it was made in 2000 by an ex-Navy engineer from readily available hardware for 500USD. The USAF has been working on high-powered microwave weapons since 2008. All this info is readily available on the internet, so how hard can it really be? However, it is another example of Spooks taking what is generally mundane technology and spins it into epic proportions. But that is what Spooks does.

Harry's tongue twister for this episode is "suitably seedy." I swear it seems like all of the writers have a collective goal to give PF a tongue twisting line each episode! Wink

Some more great lines in this one:

Connie: How's the fall guy?
Harry: Suitably seedy. You chose well.
Connie: You're too kind.

Lucas: Understanding is over-rated! Just do it!

^That one should be a Spooks catch-phrase! Wink

Sands: I was told you were the stuff of legend.
Ros: I'm not Greek and I'm not dead.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
7.6 [Re-watch] - Silktie - 26-06-2011, 11:13 AM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch] - JHyde - 27-06-2011, 04:59 AM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch] - Sparky - 01-07-2011, 08:05 AM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch] - A Cousin - 01-07-2011 01:50 PM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch] - Silktie - 02-07-2011, 05:14 PM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch] - Silktie - 22-07-2011, 08:51 AM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch] - SweetTea - 08-02-2012, 02:54 AM
RE: 7.6 [Re-watch] - Noam - 20-02-2012, 06:43 AM