Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Blood, Sand and Tears Part VI
10-09-2011, 01:00 PM
RE: Blood, Sand and Tears Part VI
(10-09-2011 06:56 AM)Silktie Wrote:  
(09-09-2011 04:49 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Sorry - double post. But during a re-read something occurred to me.

Seems to me that a posh couple in Tripoli ostensibly for a business meeting would have hotel reservations prior to arrival? Surely surveillance would be pretty tight on a hotel primarily used by Westerners? Might send up some red flags re: H/R to anyone looking in the right direction?

Maybe I did that on purpose... Silba
OR
It's just a plot-hole - wouldn't be Spooks without a few of those, now would it?
OR
Large corporations (like oil companies) that do business in unstable countries usually have a standing block booking of rooms in the best hotels. This saves them the trouble of going through the rigmarole of individual bookings, and allows their people to go to these places on short notice and be assured of a room. Harry's cover would allow him to simply take one of those bookings, which would not raise any suspicions.

Take your pick. Wink

Ahh, gotcha! If the first bit, clever you! If the second bit, Big Grin 'nuff said. And didn't know that last bit. Which I suppose tells you how much I know about that!

Lead on MacDuff! Cool

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Blood, Sand and Tears Part VI - Silktie - 08-09-2011, 04:34 PM
RE: Blood, Sand and Tears Part VI - Sparky - 08-09-2011, 07:15 PM
RE: Blood, Sand and Tears Part VI - A Cousin - 10-09-2011 01:00 PM
RE: Blood, Sand and Tears Part VI - nimax1 - 09-09-2011, 05:19 PM