Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 04:05 AM
Harry RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
First off, I'm used to watching these on DVD (I'm in the states) so to be able to watch it just hours after it aired is fantastic, but a little frustrating because now I actually have to wait a week to see the next one!

I found the episode interesting. New characters to adjust to - I'm not thrilled with either, but Erin was a lot better than I was expecting. I thought the twist of her having a child was nice, since it's been a while since any of our spooks have been parents of young children. Callum was so so, and I'm not if he'll grow on me in the 5 episodes that remain.

Dimitri looks really good with the longer hair and Tariq was looking not quite so young. I knew Beth wouldn't be around but I thought they'd say she moved over to 6 since her international connections were deemed more valuable there.

I'd like to know what happened between Harry and Ruth since we saw them last, though that could have been an episode on it's own. Does Harry really think that Ruth won't be able to get her hands on that report of his if she wants to? Aside from the fact that the HS would likely give it to her if she asked, she seems to have been able to get her hands on plenty of reports she's not meant to see. I was glad to see that she was at his inquiry hearing. Loved Ruth's comment about having had worse nights when Harry asks her to be his plus one at the reception. The really delusional part of me wanted to see Ruth at home in Harry's house when he came home that night, rather than Sasha there with a gun.

As for Harry, I thought it was pretty obvious from the get go that he and Elena had been involved, just in his reactions to her. I find his revelation to Ruth that Sasha is his son to be 'off.' Just because that is what Elena told him doesn't make it true. Maybe just more delusions on my part. It was difficult for Harry to fess up to Ruth about he and Elena's relationship and Sasha's paternity, but I'm glad he did. I did like Ruth telling Harry that they could unpick this together - reminiscent of her conversation in 9.8 with Lucas when she says that so much has happened between them (Harry and Ruth) and she couldn't begin to unpick it all.

What I found interesting was Harry's conversation with the CIA guy. Jim's busy chatting about his young wife and all I could think during it was that she's about the same age as Ruth, especially when Harry corrected Jim about the wife's age being 41 and not 39, and how it seemed to have reminded Harry about himself and Ruth. Then again, maybe it's just those delusions again.

I'm happy to have been able to see this (if I'd have had to wait for it to come out on DVD in the States, I may have gone insane) but now I'm sad that there are only 5 eps left.

Zaf: "Shouldn't you be in prison or something?"
Ros: "This is the something."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - SweetTea - 19-09-2011 04:05 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM