Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 06:45 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
I can't quite work out why there is so much anti Elena sentiment running through these posts. She's a double agent and as such has put her life on the line for Britain for 30 years. She's helped defend this Country. What is there to hate? She should be praised. Alice Krige looked elegant at the ball and Elena handled herself and seeing Harry again with aplomb.

I took the Russian scene at the beginning as a plot to find the mole. The operation at the ball didn't seem to be about a successful assassination and the assassin didn't exactly run for it. I think it was to test the security around Elena and whether British Secret Service were protecting her.

Elena isn't after Harry romantically but there is unfinished business. Perhaps all Elena wanted from the arrangment with Harry in Berlin was a child. He gave her one (so to speak.) They clearly were in love but had to part. The love is still there when that happens. It never goes away if there is no reason for it to go away.

As for Ruth, someone is trying to find her a new home as Harry will not be Section Head much longer. I wonder if someone is trying to push her in a safe direction where she can no longer be in harms way.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - Tea Lady - 19-09-2011 06:45 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM