Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 07:59 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
I loved this episode, and the fact that it was slower and more crafted, to me was a bonus. The reveal that Sasha is Harry's son, was a no-brainer, but I reckon that Sasha knows it as well. There is going to be a parallel between him and Harry, and how much they give up for the sake of their country.

In 1981, having a love-child was still something that was swept under the carpet. The attitudes towards women having affairs and then getting pregnant were very different then. In 1982, a senior cabinet minister under Margaret Thatcher's government had to resign because he got his secretary pregnant. Can you imagine the fall out for Harry if his love child with a Soviet spy's wife had become public? Both him and Elena would have had to walk away from the relationship to protect both themselves and the child.

I really hope that they allow Ruth to be sensible about Harry having Sasha. I worry about what she'll think about him not trying to contact, or follow his career in the intervening years. There is also his terrible track record of not caring much for any of his children. It makes him seem so cold and driven.

I like the Erin element and her being able to work as a spy AND have a good relationship with her daughter. Will we see her having to make sacrifices for her career or child?

On the whole, I thought the episode was superb. I'm not looking at any spoilers for episode 2 because they are all so negative! The real thing is so much more enjoyable!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - Naivety - 19-09-2011 07:59 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM