Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 08:40 AM by lottanyman.)
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
(19-09-2011 07:59 AM)Naivety Wrote:  I really hope that they allow Ruth to be sensible about Harry having Sasha. I worry about what she'll think about him not trying to contact, or follow his career in the intervening years. There is also his terrible track record of not caring much for any of his children. It makes him seem so cold and driven.

I also hope that this will not be too soapy and that Ruth will see this with her rational side. After all what could she possibly say about it? They "still" don’t have a real lover's relationship, she knows about Harry's failed marriage, about Juliet and that Harry surely seems not to have lived like a monk.
Sasha being Harry's son may be a bit of a surprise for her (I don't really think so though) but even about this she could not reproach him and neither could she about his lack of contact with him as there simply wasn't any possibility to solve this imo.

As for his legitimate children I do think he cared for them and there's no word from him that the relationship with them in their infant years was bad, it's only in later years and during and after the divorce that they stood on their mother's side and contact broke off.

(If only there would be a remark about the relationship with them in Harry's diary but I think we have to push this aside anyway as in there absolutely nothing is mentioned about him being stationed in Berlin and the whole timeframe must have been juggled)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - lottanyman - 19-09-2011 08:37 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM