Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 08:38 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. It sped by seemingly much quicker than an hour yet the pace of it wasn't rushed at all.

Erin and Calum grew on me during the episode, it's a shame there's only 6 episodes because it's difficult to come to care about characters in such a short period of time.

Great to see Dimitri and Tariq still on the Grid (and Max Brown is looking very hot) and it was nice to hear mentions of both Lucas and Beth.

Loved all the Harry and Ruth moments, numerous looks, the hearing, her being his plus one etc. But I thought the final scene in his office when he told her about Sasha was amazing, they both looked like they were about to cry (for different reasons) and the acting was wonderful. They seem much more comfortable with each other now and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the relationship pans out going forward! On the downside I was gutted that we didn't get to see the conversation where they 'made up' as I sure that would've been fantastic!

The overall story arch i liked, I think they'll move onto 'story of the week' for the next few eps with this becoming more of a 'B' story until it takes centre stage again possibly in eps 5 and 6. The 'twist' at the end which I think everyone guessed was the least twisty thing I think I've seen on Spooks - great acting, but I would think that the fact Harry had an affair 30 years ago and has another soon really can't be his big secret!

In short, loved the episode and can't belive there's only 5 left, and I'm keeping the faith as far as Harry and Ruth go. My theory is, the more angst and problems they face now, the more chance there is of a 'happyish' ending. If they were together and happy now with no clouds on the horizon then one or both of them would surely die by the end!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - Sparky - 19-09-2011 08:38 AM