Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 10:28 AM by richliga.)
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion

Btw THIS scene we never saw in ep1, right?

(19-09-2011 12:55 AM)beatrice4ruth Wrote:  Harry still loves Ruth very much. He looked quite jealous when Ruth rushed to Dimitri's side during the embassy reception. When Harry told Ruth about his illegitimate family, he had tears in his eyes. I think that he was afraid of losing Ruth at that moment. He has so much trust in her by confiding his secret. She could get him in deep trouble if she told the HS. I think that the American knows about Harry's second family.

I enjoyed episode 1 very much. I still think that Harry's secret is more than his love child. I am afraid that he either
Series 10 Spoiler: show
leaked some intelligence information to Elena or he was reckless in a black op which led to the death of innocent people. He is on very thin ice and might not last long as a temporary Head of Section D.

I agree it is MORE to come regarding Harry secret... it cannot be only THIS... he must have done something really awful to put Ruth in doubt...

(19-09-2011 06:44 AM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  I enjoyed this episode...but have to say it wasn't Spooks as we know it...more like a spin off! There was no story of the week, no explosions, no twists (sorry everyone must of guessed about the son!)..I think I liked it because it was all about Harry.

One question, in the trailer we saw a man dragging a body down a corridor, when I first saw it I feared it was Harry with Ruth, but was it the assassin last night??

It was not Harry dragging Ruth but the russian assassin dragging russian security agent....

I agree that this episode was not the Spooks we know... My husband who is somewhat less of a spooks fan said he was a bit disappointed as it was a bit slow and focused on Harry. That the only threat was a man with a gun, no usual suspense and twists and it was not about to save half of the London.
But for me as a spooks fan and Harry fan and Harry and Ruth fan I found this episode quite nice. Looking forward to the old days spying. After having watched the episode second time I must take back some of the harsh words regarding Elena, (I still dont like that actress or her looks) but its interesting character and I wonder if she is not somehow behind all this as well... She must have some agenda!

(19-09-2011 08:38 AM)Sparky Wrote:  Loved all the Harry and Ruth moments, numerous looks, the hearing, her being his plus one etc. But I thought the final scene in his office when he told her about Sasha was amazing, they both looked like they were about to cry (for different reasons) and the acting was wonderful. They seem much more comfortable with each other now and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the relationship pans out going forward! On the downside I was gutted that we didn't get to see the conversation where they 'made up' as I sure that would've been fantastic!

In short, loved the episode and can't belive there's only 5 left, and I'm keeping the faith as far as Harry and Ruth go. My theory is, the more angst and problems they face now, the more chance there is of a 'happyish' ending. If they were together and happy now with no clouds on the horizon then one or both of them would surely die by the end!

Even though I would LOVE to see Harry and Ruth talking out about Albany and "US" conversation I am quite content (could be worse) of the fact that they are so at ease with each other. I like how he tells her EVERYTHING (or does he?Wink), I don't know if that depends on the fact that they have sort of moved on and are only the best friends or something (though I still believe they do love each other) but I mean they are at CERTAIN age and gone through so much together and they are SPIES...(cannot believe that im actually saying this coz I love HR.. Wink) so they cannot keep discussing everything like two teenagers...it would turn spooks into a soupy tv show..
BUT I still agree the Jump from 9.8 to 10.1 regarding those two was a bit significant!!!

The last scene was just SOOOOO FANTASTIC between Nicola and Peter!!!! Give those two OSCARS ASAP!!!!

Cannot wait for ep2... it can only get better!!!!

Ok must get back to work, lunch is soon over! Wink
Loved this scene:Yahoo
Ruth: "Very glamorous"
Harry: "Yes, we will fit in perfectly"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - richliga - 19-09-2011 10:07 AM