Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 01:20 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
(19-09-2011 12:21 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  beatrice4ruth, are you honestly telling me that you're post was not chastising Elena just because she had a thing with Harry? HR is not the be all and end all of Spooks, if the show was always about HR and never deviated, it would be a pretty poor television show.

What the writers are doing is called a storyline. It might not be what you want because someone is in danger of damaging your precious HR, but it's entertaining, intriguing and a good storyline.

Nitrus, I agree entirely! Not only is Elena a British heroine, ON OUR SIDE as someone pointed out earlier (well, for now, this is Spooks after all), she's a great actress! It seems that certain posters couldn't bear to have even a cigarette paper come between H & R! But as you say, that's a little something called a STORYLINE. And I for one say it's an extremely welcome and intriguing one, on the first episode's evidence.

I do wonder sometimes, when some posters seem to call for a show entirely free of plot, spying, enemies, or danger, in favour of six hours of Harry and Ruth gazing into one another's eyes. Do they actually like Spooks, or do they just like the non-existent, imagined romance show they have in their minds?

Well, I for one like SPOOKS, the show that this board exists to celebrate. I'm sure I'll be roundly abused for this by certain parties, and so I don't plan to post again on this topic.

Fantastic first ep, great storyline set up. Bravo! I love Harry and Ruth, the beating hearts of a great show, but I know that what will be will be, and I will never call for the show to become something it's not just to satisfy my cravings. Long live Spooks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - Zaf Lives! - 19-09-2011 01:20 PM