Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 02:13 PM by loladom.)
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
So much to say, I loved it!
Wit and humour back in place so glad to see. Seems tighter and slicker, yet back to old form too.

As to the storyline, I agree with nothingasitseems and Cataeu that the the reveal of Sacha as Harry's son was far to obvious and far too quick and easy. Is Harry playing Elena and really is behind this - good question. Is he aware there are big players trying to set him up. It's all very timely after his inquest and he admitted to Erin he was on the way out.

Tea Lady - good point. Is Sacha really Harry's son? And why wouldn't Harry know that he had become FSB. Surely H is a better spy than that and would keep up to date with what Sacha was doing behind the scenes? (And can 2 brown eyed people make a blue eyed child?) Smile

Another question I had about 'realism' is that Juliet was with Harry during his time in East Berlin. This affair seems to have been deep and continued for some time between H and E. Surely Juliet would've sniffed that one out? And I'm not unconvinced we won't see Juliet returning as the 'old face' She has to be involved in this somehow?

Aside from that, I loved this episode. It seems to have recaptured what was great about Spooks. Erin was a shot of adrenalin after Lucas (sorry he didn't carry it after Ros left) and even Callum (meant to be irritating but works well.) He allows Harry and Dimitri sarcasm which I loved. Glib on the grid is Spooks and has been sadly lacking recently. Characters, not action robots.

I liked the character of Elena. Alice played her part with perfection. Elena has depth and intrigue and I disagree she is after Harry and out to get Ruth. I saw none of that. She exhibited class and mystery and I want to know more about her. Yes, she was aloof as she was meant to be, but she showed the right amount of past feelings yet discretion. Of course I don't want her and Harry to reunite, but I want to know their history. Well done Alice, I thought she brought this difficult role to life.

Hands down better than S9. Perhaps the writers are now getting in their stride.

Bring on Ep 2. Sorry this is so long and rambling.
Forgot to mention HS. He's lost weight!!! He's a genius, even though I really doubt his motives and his move on Ruth especially. Excellently played though, as usual.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - loladom - 19-09-2011 02:11 PM