Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 02:16 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
haha so in college today, my media tutor was talking about spooks! well not actually discussing the story but mentioned a part of yesterday's episode...

anyway we are currently studying levi's advertising campaigns throughout the 80's and 90's, and in almost all of them, the characters were white, western males or females, however towards the end of the 80's levi's released an advert which showed an inter-racial kiss between a man and a woman, and children growing up in relative poverty in asia... moving into the 90's there were even more examples of different races and cultures being represented.... then he moved on to say about how yesterday in spooks, the judge in harry's tribunal (he used the phrase 'court case') was a relatively young, black female, and how 20 years ago, the same scene would have almost definately been shot, with a white male, usually over the age of 60 filling the role of the judge... and its true, how times change for the better.

back to the episode discussion, i watched the episode again this morning, and the scene where harry says "becuase he's my son" still hit me hard lol! i don't like some of the music in some scenes though, it doesn't feel very spooks like, but perhaps it will grow on me!

p.s. loving callum's character, and erin is suprising kool, however everytime i see her all i can think of is "ISSAABEEELLLAAAA" ... i hope someone knows what i'm talking about ahaha!!

Big Grin

[Image: sobt60.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - xzibit_m - 19-09-2011 02:16 PM