Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 04:12 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
Sooooooooooo one of the last times to have a discussion on fresh spooks ep... makes me actually very sad!!!

I do have mixed feelings about it... It has changed a lot from how it used to be. One thing I am very glad about is the return of the slick one line jokes/ funny remarks that I think is the trademark of Spooks. I love Mr Pearce all the more now that I know he has an aversion to golf Tongue (I am a golfing orphan which is believe me almost as bad as being a golf widow Tongue ) and I loved the Grid being back to how I believe it should be! Light and the team all sat around together.

It's odd I feel that we are back on the Russians again (albeit more friendly than ever before) I thought with Lucas gone there might be a different area of expertise, a different focus. The storyline I felt was predictable, rather disappointing for saying I have been a good girl all year and avoided any spoilers (!) , I could have known what the big twist at the end was I think from one of the first Harry flashbacks. Although not to complain too much as I love Harry being the focus of a storyline (if not the whole series?) for once.

I was shocked at Sophia Myles not being in it anymore unless she is coming back? (in fact no don't tell me Tongue) Beth was growing on me! I have never really been a big pusher of HRness before but maybe with the knowledge the episodes are numbered I love them together now. It feels natural but in a way i get all nervous for Ruth as if I was on a first date haha.

As for new characters, Callum didn't immediately jump out at me but then I don't hate him either. I did love the part with him and Dmitri when he was trying to make conversation and Dmitri just shot him down. I think he will find a place in my heart before long. As for Erin, Lara Pulver is gorgeous! I swear she wasn't that good-looking in Robin Hood!! But with RA on screen perhaps I wasn't paying her a lot of attention Tongue. I wasn't keen on her character (for a start she seems implausibly young for the position she's in?) but the last scenes with her daughter added a new depth to her character which I think will be interesting. We've had single parent Spooking from a Dad's perspective with Adam but it's nice to touch upon how difficult it would be for a mother in that role.

Well I think I have gone on enough for now! I am going to rewatch before my parents get in from work because otherwise they'd think I was nutty for watching it again so soon Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - YourFutureMuse - 19-09-2011 04:12 PM