Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 08:13 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
(19-09-2011 07:43 PM)Gazelle Wrote:  Here's a few observations... If Sasha is Harry's son then he doesn't look a bit like him - so odd casting there. Also, as others have pointed out, the boy must have been 3 or 4 when we see him leaving with Elena in the flashbacks, so that's quite a long liaison between a married Harry and his 'asset' - how come this went unnoticed? And where does Juliet fit in in this timeline? And how come there's no mentoin of any of this in Harry's diary - these revelations kind of blow its reliability as an insight on Harry's past out the water!

Didn't Coaver say he was forced to destroy the files on Tourmaline in 1984 which would account for the age of the boy. Presumably Harry would have turned/recruited Elena in 1981 during an affair - maybe he was told to do it in the 'black op' that is mentioned in Harry's Diary, and then fell in love with her. Maybe Sasha was a mistake or maybe as Tea Lady says, Elena lied.

I think Juliet was when Harry was stationed in Paris, and I seem to remember that it fizzled out while Harry was in Berlin. Maybe Juliet knew about Elena, or found out and I'm sure Harry was married at the same time (what a naughty boy!).

(19-09-2011 07:43 PM)Gazelle Wrote:  On the other hand, you can't get away from the fact they still have feelings for each other (I like the way Ruth seems softer towards him again, even smiling at times like when she took his arm at the black tie dinner). I felt so sorry for Ruth though having to learn the truth about Elena, she deserves better than that.

I love the new approach, I know there's a bit of a shift again in attitude but I can live with it. At least she hasn't gone the other way. Harry and Ruth smiles, I like very much!

(19-09-2011 07:43 PM)Gazelle Wrote:  Final thought, did anyone else get an annoying message about re-tuning their TV for digital in the scene when Harry was looking for evidence in Max Witt's flat? It seemed to stay on screen for ages and was a real distraction - great timing BBC!!

My telly was fine, but then I'm on Virgin, not Sky.
[/quote]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - Naivety - 19-09-2011 08:13 PM