Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion
(19-09-2011 07:59 AM)Naivety Wrote:  I loved this episode, and the fact that it was slower and more crafted, to me was a bonus. The reveal that Sasha is Harry's son, was a no-brainer, but I reckon that Sasha knows it as well. There is going to be a parallel between him and Harry, and how much they give up for the sake of their country.

In 1981, having a love-child was still something that was swept under the carpet. The attitudes towards women having affairs and then getting pregnant were very different then. In 1982, a senior cabinet minister under Margaret Thatcher's government had to resign because he got his secretary pregnant. Can you imagine the fall out for Harry if his love child with a Soviet spy's wife had become public? Both him and Elena would have had to walk away from the relationship to protect both themselves and the child.

I think Parkinson had to resign because he was a real shit about it - I know some one who met him at a tory party (FCS) do and she commented that she thought he was a slimy piece of work..

I think it was hushed up as Harry was romancing and turning the wife of his opposite number in the KGB.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011 10:22 PM