Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
21-09-2011, 10:14 AM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
I kinow that nobody believes that Elena is involved in the plot. Here I go again with my speculation.

Finally I looked a bit closer to the flashbacks and noticed where young Harry, young Elena and young Sascha were. Both Harry and Elena seemed to be behind a fenced-off compound. It seems to be an embassy, perhaps the British Embassy in East Berlin. There was a kind of obelisk in the garden too. You could see young Sascha running through the gates. I can't imagine where else they could be. It cannot be a park with these gates. It does not look like a safe house. I wish I knew where the location was. I think it is a big spoiler.

If it was really what I am thinking it is, then there was no way that the East German or Russian government did not know about Harry and his Russian family. Everybody was monitored in East Berlin or West Berlin. The KGB would not let such opportunity of recruiting Elena go by. Obviously, the British government knew about it and Towers made a curious remark to Harry: "I know that you and Gavrik wee intertwined. Anything I should know?" We know that Jim Coates of the CIA was running the operation with Harry and was full aware of his relationship with Elena.

I too think that it is Harry who is being used by Gavrik and perhaps Towers. The meeting in Moscow was revealing. The plotters, perhaps oligarchists, were confident that Gavrik (Ilya, Elena ?, or Sascha ?} would do his/her/their job.

Perhaps you are right and Elena is being used by her husband. Perhaps the plot of Elena as a double agent is too obvious and Harry truly believes that nobody on the former communist side knew about his affair with Elena. I can't believe that either. As a MI-6 agent, he should have known better.

The whole plot of Elena and Sascha is a puzzle to me. I really do think that it is not the main plot and the secret of Harry goes much deeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - beatrice4ruth - 21-09-2011 10:14 AM