Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
21-09-2011, 08:52 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
Re-watched last night. I loved everything about this episode, from the new characters to H&R.
I have no clue as to who is behind the person impersonating Harry, and who the bad guys are. It may be anyone from Erin to the Americans - and I love the fact that I'm so much in the dark - that's the sign of a good story.

Several comments about key fetures in the plot.

IMO Harry doesn't care much for his career by now. He wanted to resign last year, and he was willing to risk everything for Ruth - I think he did not expect to be reinstated and he had made peace with it. I also think he wanted to look after Ruth, and that's why he wrote the file on her, perhaps to make sure that his replacement knows how to value her. Perhaps he wants her promoted, maybe he wrote that file knowing it will reach the very top (the HS).

Not sure if IG knows that his wife was having an affair with Harry. I tend to think that he doesn't, because he probably would have had her killed had he suspected that. There's always a chance that he loves her too much to do that, but then that increases the chances that EG has been turned against Harry. Quite sure that she has not told anyone else that Sasha is Harry's son - that would have gotten her killed, for sure.

Loved H&R's relationship. Others have said most of what I have to say, but I'd like to add that I think Ruth has truly put the past behind her. She has thoughend-up and can deall with issues that threaten their relationships, which is a very good sign. Series-9-Ruth would be shocked at the truth about Elena and Sasha, and would be angry with Harry, to the point of not coping. Series-10-Ruth, so far at least, is not very happy with the news, but can deal with it. They looked and "felt" like a married couple, and even Callum noticed that (the bears comment). They are a team, a duo, inside section D. They were completly in sync at the ball. Loved it.

Loved the one-liners, loved the humor comming back to spooks, althogh this is not a full return to the old days. the first few series, especially No. 1 and 2, had a lot of light moments. This series is not light, but it's good to see a some return to what has made Spooks so popular.

I have so much more to say, but I'll just finish off by saying that Peter Firth's acting was outstanding. Nicola Walker was great too, I lovee her in this episode, but Peter was sublime. Can't wait for ep. 2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - tammy1 - 21-09-2011 08:52 PM