Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
23-09-2011, 02:15 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion
A Cousin,
Thanks for your respectful input, I wasn't trying to be funny just simply passing comment. Having watched the past 9 seasons with the same interest that we all did I just saw the different directors style was different, the writing may well be exactly the same as the past but the overall feel was different. It's like the Bourne trilogy, different directors, and while they're all different they're all excellent. I am confident that I will watch these episodes again with the same enjoyment I get from every other season once I get used to the style.
As for the closing surprise I referred to I just found that in the past the stories seemed to written with slightly more complexity or perhaps I was younger then? I found that the stories weren't transparent and that is what I enjoyed and what is what drew me in to the series. I remember stumbling onto the first series by accident and then finding out that UKTV here in Australia were replaying the first series from the start shortly after the show I saw, within weeks I was a fan, and since then I've seen every episode. I remember wondering why when a character left they were killed off, I remember wishing that characters hadn't died and that seasons hadn't ended the way that they had.
Each season seemed to start with a certain speed and this one was no different, it just felt different. The writers may still be the same, I don't know, I haven't checked! I know that I too read the reports that the show was finishing that the end of this season and I know that I too will miss it.
Reading your review I can understand your response completely, I too agree that the break in scene was well shot, I also see Ruth developing as a character although that has been happening for some time, and I am as per every other series not too sure about the new characters but I am sure that in the weeks to come that will change and I will end up thinking of them in the same way I think of the old characters now.
Thanks for taking the time to read my comment and to write such a well thought out response.

Take care and play safe
Callahan

1*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - almh - 18-09-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - JHyde - 19-09-2011, 07:24 AM
RE: Series 10 Episode 1 discussion - neuro - 19-09-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 1 Discussion - Callahan - 23-09-2011 02:15 PM