Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
Okay: time may prove me wrong, and unfair, but Harry suffered somewhat in my estimation with the instruction to Ruth to lay out the situation with Elena on his behalf. It annoyed me because it had him treat Ruth like some sort of messenger or - worse - apologist and emotional launderer, and because it suggested for Harry a sense of dismissiveness about the right of his team to know what has rapidly become pertinent information. I have no problem with Harry denying truths, or lying about truths: that's his job, and there are security considerations in everything he says and doesn't say and in every context in which he says or doesn't say it. But he did a much more impressive job of owning his denial of Sugarhorse, and his subsequent revelations about it and its significance, than he did in doing the same in respect of Elena. Of course, there is a difference between professional and personal ownership or admission of events, but I actually did say the word "coward" out loud when he fobbed off the background of his relationship with Elena onto Ruth. It looked to me as though Ruth wasn't entirely impressed with that piece of delegation either.

Possibly, this should be in the Harry thread. If so, let me know and I'll move it. Or get Ruth to do it for me! Angel Silba
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - Nitrus - 30-09-2011, 07:15 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - binkie - 02-10-2011 10:18 PM