Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
04-10-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
(04-10-2011 06:20 AM)Sparky Wrote:  Just got round to watching Ep 3 and felt (like others) that it was missing something! Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the episode but the story of the week (which in the past I've enjoyed way more then the series arc) for some reason this year seems to be just getting in the way of the main story. It didn't help that the story had huge gaps in it, and Dimitri must be the most gullible Spook of all time - the fact that he believed Johnny `didn't ring true to me at all! On the plus side for him, I did enjoy his obvious discomfort at having to sleep with someone just to gain information, and I thought this came across well.

What I did really like though were the snippets around the bigger picture. I loved the scene with Harry and Ruth in his office where there seemed to be so much more going unsaid from both of them plus Harry's scene with Sasha on the Embankment. However the 2 standout out scenes for me were Ruth and Elena in the art gallery where again, so much was said without being verbalised, and Ruth's scene with the HS. Harry to me was the main character in both of these scenes, without actually being in either.

I'm hoping from here on in, the story of the week becomes less, and the series arc more as that is truly gripping at the moment!

Oh, and Calum is growing on me more and more. It's a shame he'll only ever get a max 6 episodes as I think he's becoming way more interesting to watch than Erin and Dimitri!

Agree wholeheartedly. I love what you say about Harry being the pivotal role in 2 scenes he was absent from. Great point!

At first I thought Harry was very weak and almost out of character to leave Ruth to give an explanation to the team, but now I see that as such a demonstration of just how emotionally wrought Harry now is, brilliantly portrayed by PF storming off, voice catching, shutting off, his pride wounded. He had just said goodbye to Sacha and he is vulnerable now in a way he never has been before. It also means he has delegated to Ruth an important task (showing his trust of her yet again)

Originally I didn't want Ruth to leave the grid, but on the plus side, if she goes, Harry will no longer be her boss which puts them on a whole different playing field relationship wise.

I think there was a conflict between the threat of the day and the story arc in this ep as the story arc is so intriguing and perhaps we just needed more feeding of that combined with quite a weak threat and sorry to say but at times a dreadful performance from Johnny. I did like Demitri's reluctance and also how he was duped. He isn't Adam/Lucas or even Tom, and I liked that we saw he still has a lot to learn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - Nitrus - 30-09-2011, 07:15 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - loladom - 04-10-2011 02:00 PM