Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
04-10-2011, 03:08 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
(04-10-2011 02:00 PM)loladom Wrote:  I think there was a conflict between the threat of the day and the story arc in this ep as the story arc is so intriguing and perhaps we just needed more feeding of that combined with quite a weak threat and sorry to say but at times a dreadful performance from Johnny. I did like Demitri's reluctance and also how he was duped. He isn't Adam/Lucas or even Tom, and I liked that we saw he still has a lot to learn.

Getting totally nit-picky...

IMO, the best kind of baddies are the ones you can sympathize with, maybe even understand their reasons or respect their convictions even if you cannot condone their methods. They tried but the character fell just a bit short for me.

Sociopath Johnnie had a soft spot for his sister - but it was underdeveloped.

Revolutionary Johnnie had conviction and passion for his cause - but it was marginalized.

Human Johnnie was sick with cancer and had nothing to lose - but that's emotional manipulation of the viewers.

Maybe they should have just chosen one of those and run with it? I dunno. I'm not a writer.

However, I don't blame Mel Raido. I think he really took it by the jugular and ran with it. So did Georgina Rich. I also think this episode could have easily been 2 episodes - one for Dimitri/Johnnie/Natalie and one for Ruth/Towers/Elena. But, of course, that was not possible this series.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - Nitrus - 30-09-2011, 07:15 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - A Cousin - 04-10-2011 03:08 PM