Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 01:52 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion
(04-10-2011 06:24 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I am loving this whole series, but this episode let an uninspiring threat of the week get in the way of the best series arc we've had ever (IMO).

Yeah, I have betrayed my own Golden Rule of S10: Don't over-analyze it. Just enjoy it! with that one. Old habits die hard. Wink I didn't hate the whole thing. I didn't even hate it. I just thought the writing for the character of Johnny Grier could have been cleaner.

(05-10-2011 05:57 AM)Silktie Wrote:  But it also made me wonder: At the beginning Towers tells Harry he'd been having a meeting with Big Business, and then we have Rennon and his disagreeable business practices, one of three big businessmen that the government fell over its feet to woo back to England. And we have Gavrik, the oligarch. Perhaps this agreement between Russia and Britain that Towers is so keen on, is less about geopolitical issues, and more about business deals?

Ain't it always? As they say, Money makes the world go 'round. Whether or not it should. Your theory makes perfect sense to me. Ties it all together too. But why Harry by request? How does Coaver and the CIA factor into this? And Elena? These are rhetorical questions. My personal 2nd Commandment for S10 is, Don't speculate too much. Big Grin

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - Nitrus - 30-09-2011, 07:15 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 3 Discussion - A Cousin - 05-10-2011 01:28 PM