Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
17-10-2011, 07:04 AM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
Absolutely loved this episode - it's certainly in the top 2 or 3 I think I've seen. The acting was great throughout (especially PF, NW, SRB, JH) and the pace never let up. The fact that they stayed with the one story throughout really made it, it meant they had the time to put in some calmer scenes without trying to cram 2 stories in. Yes there probably were plot-holes and unplausible actions, this is Spooks after all, but to me they didn't detract at all from the story, and for me as long as it keeps my attention on the first screening that's what I care about and this more than did that!

There were several scenes that stood out, most of which have already been mentioned. Tha scene between Ilya and Harry in his house was wonderful as he told Harry he'd known all along and pointed out exactly what Harry had missed by not extracting Elena and Sasha (I'm completely overlooking Harry's ex and his other 2 kids but that would just be too complicated) and what he'd gained. Ruth stealing the computer and Harry and Jim's showdown. Unexpectedly I also liked the Elena/Harry scene where, to me at least, he demonstrated what he later told Ruth, that it was guilt he felt towards Elena and not love!

Sasha finding out that Harry was his father was also well done, I think he knew beforehand but having it confirmed to him in black and white made him lose it - it'll be interesting to see how that effects his character next week, especially after the beginning when Harry mentioned to him about the fact he could have grown up British!

Harry and Ruth had some wonderful scenes, the scene in the car where they spoke so honestly to each other, the one on the beach and the latter phone conversation where she felt he was just using her as another asset were all really well done. You could feel both of their anguish that they felt, as they seemed to realise they may have missed their time again (though against the odds I still have a tiny level of optimism for next week - which probably means the entire cast will die!), I got the impression from Ruth's comment on the house in Suffolk that she hoped he would be there to share it with her!

Very much looking forward to next week - 85 hours down and 1 to go! I have a feeling tissues will be in order no matter how it all ends!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - Nitrus - 16-10-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - Sparky - 17-10-2011 07:04 AM