Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
18-10-2011, 06:23 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
(18-10-2011 02:14 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Hear, hear! If we have to go out I am very glad we are going out with Mr. Nalluri. Almost makes it worth it. Almost. Dodgy I am in awe of his work in this episode. It started with the teaser clip the BBC released of Ruth challenging Harry's decision to lift Coaver and that exquisite puddle reflection of the car. The subtlety and attention to detail is sublime and it only gets better on repeat viewings. And it isn't just the cinematography, it's his work with the actors as well. They all fit. It looks like they are doing it all by themselves.

Yes I thought the puddle was poignant. Especially with Ruth trying to get Harry to 'reflect' on his reasons. I did worry about how they were going to get through the puddle though, and no one was leaving soggy footprints on that shiny floor!!

I also loved the whole scene between Harry and Elena. The faded grandeur of the room they were in, with the only light coming from the open shutter.

I was quite taken with Elena's reaction to Ilya being the only possible candidate for the attempted shooting. They seem to genuinely love each other. I'm starting to think that maybe Ilya and Elena are both victims of something even bigger.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - Nitrus - 16-10-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - Naivety - 18-10-2011 06:23 PM