Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
19-10-2011, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 02:24 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
(18-10-2011 06:23 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Yes I thought the puddle was poignant. Especially with Ruth trying to get Harry to 'reflect' on his reasons. I did worry about how they were going to get through the puddle though, and no one was leaving soggy footprints on that shiny floor!!

Big GrinBig Grin Don't you folks always keep your Wellies in the boots of your cars? I visited Holkham Beach once with a friend and her two children, and she had Wellies for everyone in the boot of her car - including me! She said she kept them there at all times. She might have been pulling my leg. Dodgy But I suppose Erin running through the streets of London in Wellies is just not as cool as her impossibly high heels? Wink

Good connection re: the puddle reflection. I hadn't though of that. Taken with "The Red Herring" and the shot of Harry and Coaver facing off in front of the window in silhouette, AKA both of them "in the dark" about each other, it illustrates Nalluri's brilliance as a director. I know I should feel like I have been hit over the head with the sledgehammer of symbolism. But I don't. He goes right up to the line of pastiche but doesn't cross it. Maybe balances on it for a bit.

In another completely unrelated thought, did anyone think that Coaver calling Harry "Hal" a direct reference to Prince Hal/Henry V? Not sure about it historically, but Shakespeare's Prince Hal was a loose cannon as a young man but the king he grew into was one of the most heroic. More notably, in the play, Henry V grapples with the moral burden of being King.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - Nitrus - 16-10-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - A Cousin - 19-10-2011 02:22 PM