Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
20-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Ruth RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion
(20-10-2011 07:40 AM)Sparky Wrote:  Just a couple of quick thoughts after a re-watch which others may have already mentioned.

When Harry and Ruth are having the conversation after she's stolen the lap-top from the Embassy; him saying to her to pop round to his house and she'll be able to 'read everything', seems to me to demonstrate that he has the utmost trust in her. I saw it as him saying to her, that whatever was on the lap-top was highly secret and probably contained a lot of his past 'secrets', (hence why he didn't want her to take it to the Grid) but that he was fine with her, and her alone, seeing whatever was on there. On a different note, in the filming of that scene Harry seemed to do a lot of his talking without the camera being on his mouth (lots of eyes in the mirror from behind etc) and I wonder if they changed that dialogue (as they often do) after filming had finished?

Interesting take on it; he was at the stage of not knowing who to trust, even himself, but he still trusted Ruth. He knew that he was having questions about his loyalties, but for him, Ruth has been his moral compass. Even if he knew she was having doubts about where she stood with him, he trusted her with his life.

Quote:My other little comment may be nothing at all and just a continuity error, but I know I'm not alone in this observation. When Harry opens the door to Ilya at his house there are no coats hanging, yet when he leaves the next day after disposing of his milk and wearing his overcoat there is a black coat hanging there. Next scene is the Thames 'beach' scene where Ruth after wearing a black coat all series (in fact nothing but black and blue clothing full stop) has on a much lighter grey coat! This could be nothing at all and I (and others) are reading to much into it, or did Ruth pop round for a 'cup of tea' after all? Wink

I'd have to check, but I have the feeling that it was an MI-5 asset house, not Harry's house in particular. I have severe doubts that Harry would have invited Ilya into his OWN house. Too much of a security risk.

Harry: "My God, Ruth. Is any institution safe from you?"
Ruth: "I like to think not."
-------------
Ceridwyn2
Celtic-Dragon's Blog
Ceridwyn2's Twitter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - Nitrus - 16-10-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 5 Discussion - Ceridwyn2 - 20-10-2011 06:30 PM