Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
23-10-2011, 11:47 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
Totally got mixed feelings about the ending, on one hand it was fitting to the show; the whole idea that life continues and there is always another battle to fight hence Harry remaining at the grid (although he didn't seem to have a lot left; which is itself another talking point!). But I can't help the over-ridding feeling of disappointment that Ruth and Harry never actually admitted their feelings for each other (something wonderful that was never said hey?!). I trying to look on the basis that a happy ending isn't Spooks but surly one couldn't have hurt.

As for the rest of the episode,I already had doubts about Elena therefore I wasn't particularly surprised when it was revealed she was double-crossing Harry. Tom's return for all of two minutes seemed dare I say, pointless, what was it to soften the blow to all us fans who were already accepting that there was no surprise recovery for Ruth. (Yes I was half expecting her to meet Harry at the house; wouldn't be unlike Spooks to give us a twist afterall). Although my dad (who is a paramedic) explained that they couldn't do CPR because she was bleeding internally and it wasn't possible to inflate her lung in time (therefore my optimism was short lived). Personally I thought it was a nice touch to see all the names at the end almost as though they were trying to get us to reflect upon all the series without having to use flash-backs which would have been cheesy.

Therefore my appreciation and thanks goes to the cast and crew for making a drama which has had me laughing, crying, hiding behind my hands but most of all eagerly awaiting more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - one true voice - 23-10-2011 11:47 PM