Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 08:05 AM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I've seen the episode twice, slept on it (badly) and I still feel physically sick and completely cheated! I knew I shouldn't have watched it (and did actually pause before switching channel) then I could have lived in blissful ignorance.

I've been with Kudos and the writers all along, admiring their wanton disregard for the life of an officer and the good of the country and I was very happy to travel all the inevitable twists and turns of the episode right up until the 52nd minute. What on earth were you thinking?

I could understand if this was a series finale and there was another one on the way but this was the final episode EVER did the audience not deserve something good to come out of 10 years of loyalty. I know some people will say that the lore of the show shouldn't change just because it was the last episode but it just seemed a bit lazy, resorting to type instead of being brave and doing something out of the box. It's easy to kill people off, we know this, it's been done before. I've watched enough TV in my time to see that there are no writers who can write a proper relationship between characters after such a long will they-won't they but there were 6 minutes left (ever) so that certainly wasn't an issue. Nobody wanted hearts and flowers and walking off into the sunset holding hands that is definitely not what Spooks is about and it's not why I watched the show - schmultz is for soaps (and I don't watch them either). I suppose in my heart of hearts I should have known better, that a minute moment of happiness was too much to ask for and it's my own fault for getting my hopes up.

Whilst Ruth made a noble sacrifice (again) for Harry it wasn't necessary. So, Harry has lost a lot of officers (great scene at the memorial) and I'm not just saying this because Ruth died but how is he not eating his own gun by now? Is he really that good an officer, Regnum Defende and all, is he now completely dead inside or does he just have a plethora of 'Keep Calm and Carry On' memorabilia out of our sight.

What was the point of Tom's return? So, Harry could easily find him or knew where he was all long and Tom would be ok killing someone for him (at least I'm assuming that's what he was supposed to have done Macfadyen's one line didn't elucidate on his intentions!) - who cares?

However, one shining grace and thorough joy was watching PF, NW and AK play out their scenes with true aplomb. Amazing performances from all of them, they can not be faulted.

Apologies for the rant. Feel free to completely disregard this post but I am still furious. Suffice to say I won't be investing in another TV show or characters again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Tess24 - 24-10-2011 08:05 AM