Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 09:47 AM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(24-10-2011 03:29 AM)loladom Wrote:  Another thing I feel disappointed with is that we have all driven ourselves potty over possible plots/clues, symbolgy, hidden meanings etc. which is testament to some of the creativity of the fans! We have given the writers and producers more credit than is deserved.

In the end, the overall plot was weak. The entire series had week threats of the day to build up an intriguing story arc which in the end was pretty much a non story. All the revelations were predicted on here after ep3. They gave us too many clues, too early on. We were all looking for something deeper and more complicated as a result. I felt exactly the same about the Lucas North saga.

Please don't think I'm taking anything away from the fabulous and at times beautiful acting and directing, because I'm not. Those scenes were heartbreaking thanks to PF&NW. I've read many times a happy ending wouldn't be possible because Spooks isn't a soap opera, but the overall purpose of this story arc seems to be to conclude the H&R story by (predictably) killing Ruth and leaving Harry in despair. Doesn't get more soapy than that. Only PF&NW rescued it from that. It in no way ends the show. Ruth left before, Harry has been alone, crushed and heartbroken before.

Another thing being that they made Harry look a bit of a pleb by believing Elena about the plane. It was Ruth, not Harry who averted disaster. I suppose I wanted the show to end with Harry the hero or H&R together. Not this empty despair.

All too 'meh' for me. I can't even find it in my heart to use a real adjective. Perhaps I need to step back and give it some time. The problem is, I just can't bear the thought of a re-watch.

Well said on all points. Totally agree on the plot, the acting, Harry being made to look stupid, no end to the show as MI5 under Harry goes on etc. Very depressing and actually life isn't always like that even for MI5 officers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - harrbd - 24-10-2011 09:47 AM