Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 01:11 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I thought we had the perfect definitive end. Harry's return to the grid to continue fighting bad people who want to kill us after viewing the memorial plaque with its long list of names, together with Tom's return to take out the head of the Russian fanatics was a sublime way of taking us full circle around Spooks in two short scenes before heading back to the tortured man who has nothing left but his loyalty and commitment to his country, after all not only did he lose Ruth, he learned from Elena that for the past 30 years he had been living with unfounded guilt about leaving her on that park bench when all along she had been running him, never mind a son that wasn't his after all. His relationship with Ruth has taken up very little viewing time over 10 years and most of it seems to have been left to the imagination in an extended glance or small smile so I've been surprised at the expectations of so many to see them settling down in a seaside town in blissful retirement. That was never going to happen, not even with a tortoise in the garden because that plaque showed just how much they went through and how many colleagues they lost and I believe Ruth would have felt extreme satisfaction and pride having her name engraved alongside theirs.

I felt terribly sad about Ruth's demise, as sad as I feel about Spooks coming to an end but it had to be!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - molecatcher - 24-10-2011 01:11 PM