Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 01:34 PM by pennyfeather.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I dont think ruth dies unhappy as people have said. I think that when she was dying that was the moment she realised that with all the threads of lies and spies: this was the only way that people with such a history could end. So a release from those constraints and an accepting of that rather than a tragic realisation. I think its also important that she got to tell him she wished to live with him in that house; that admission to me and affirmation of love (even in her death) ought to sustain him as he continues in his work. His final words 'harry pearce' are just charged with that at first wavy (the pause before he picks up the phone) then resolute determination to carry on.

Final note: I think if the sasha hadn't had the opportunity to take action i.e if he'd had the time to cool down he would not have sought revenge: it was just that the heat of the moment offered a chnace for him to do so.
As such, I have to believe that harry and ruth would have been able to leave the service and live a life together outside the service, if only opportunity had allowed them. Alas....twas not to be Sad

Sigh...its after 2 in the mourning and 4 hours since i finished watching the episode. I think i woudve felt better if id watched the ep alone. i wudve cried so much then but wit the company i couldnt quite go all out like that and its as if that feeing is all now logged in my heart and is slowly but painfully, ebbing out....please tell me it gets better...

It was the wind Ruth...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - pennyfeather - 24-10-2011 01:19 PM