Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 01:31 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(24-10-2011 01:19 PM)pennyfeather Wrote:  I dont think ruth dies unhappy as people have said. I think that when she was dying that was the moment she realised that with all the threads of lies and spies this was the only way that people with such history could end. And at least she got to tell him she wanted to live in the house with him; that admission and love alone ought to sustain him.
I think if the son. hadnt had the opportunity to take action i.e if hed had the time to cool down he would not have sought revenge: it was just that the heat of the moment offered a chnace for him.
As such, I have to believe that harry and ruth would have been able to leave the service and couldve been happy together outside of the service.

Its after 2 in the mourning and 4 hours since i finished watching the episode. I think i woudve felt better if id watched the ep alone. i wudve cried so much then but wit the company i couldnt quite go all out like that and its as if that feeing is all now logged in my heart and is slowly but painfully, ebbing out....please tell me it gets better...

All I know is I woke up this morning feeling like someone very precious to me had died. And of course someone, something had. There is supposed to be hope or redemption coming from tragedy - as my very wise teacher has said, a declaration of "yes" to life. Perhaps in time. Perhaps in the last moment and freeze after answering the phone, "Harry Pearce". But, not yet. Not today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - nimax1 - 24-10-2011 01:31 PM