Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 02:07 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(24-10-2011 02:27 AM)Scarlet Wrote:  I have to say........ I feel totally let down by that last episode. Not only the ending but the revelation of everything else seemed too predictable and I thought the whole thing was very flat, especially after last week's episode. I thought they were going to reveal that someone else was behind it. Elena being the guilty party was so obvious in my mind I never thought they;d go down that route at all. I also agree with others that Tom's return was pathetic. No reason at all for him to have returned. How long was he on screen? Two seconds? That's not to say PF and NW weren't amazing as they were but it was heartbreaking. Come on Kudos, after all the trouble the fans went to to get Ruth back, you just couldn't end it happily for those two and kill someone else off instead? I'm sorry I don't agree that it would have been too cheesy - they could have done it subtly. I also don't agree that it would not have been in spooks style for Harry and Ruth to have had a happy ending. Zoe and Tom did. And I think Ruth was just as popular as Zoe, if not more. I think it was actually more predictable ands sensationalist for them to do it rather than have a happier ending. I am devastated to have had my suspicions proved right. I had a feeling they would kill Ruth off all along. I might be feel differently when I have calmed down but I doubt it somehow. A waste of ten years is what I think. So many more exciting avenues they could have gone down. And as for the final line being really wonderful - maybe its just me but I didn't see it. I completely disagree with Ian Wylie that this was Spooks finest hour - in fact I think it was their worst.

I'm on here early as I only had a half day at work today, which is just as well as I was only half there anyway. I agree totally with your sentiments, I'm still really disappointed by the ending, I have to admit at the moment this hurts more than TV should.

I'm also disappointed by how wrong all the hints that have been dropped by some people along the way have proven to be - from Jane Featherstone's interview on Breakfast when it was announced that this would be the last series to comments by the actors even. I'm sorry but I can't see how anyone could class this as a good ending or even the right ending - it's so not.

Not only are the circumstances in which Ruth dies so heartbreaking (when she and Harry are so close to seeing their way out of years of missed chances and obstacles), but Harry's left mired in more misery than ever before although somehow clinging onto his job (what's happened to the Albany enquiry and the CIA extradition?)

Part of the reason I feel this is so unfair to fans is that Harry and Ruth have been the one constant in recent years that had not only added something really special to Spooks but even allowed many of us to overlook the glaring shortcomings and far-fetched plot in S9. I now understand all the better how dismayed fans of Richard Armitage were last year at the way Lucas was dealt with, for me it didn't matter so much as it was Ruth and Harry that had come to define Spooks. Now it's my turn (and many others') to feel the let down and disappointment that it seems Spooks writers revel in dishing out.

For me this ending will forever be a missed opportunity.

Can't go on, must go on
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Gazelle - 24-10-2011 02:07 PM