Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 11:39 PM by pennyfeather.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
[/quote]

Wink
interesting question..

Spooks is only a tv show.
and it isn't only a tv show.

most plays are initially meant for entertainment, as well- yet there are those that endure.. for decades. centuries (!). that continue to engage and intrigue us- for a reason.

when drama reaches for quality- (as these writers/actors/directors/camera, editing, ? crew certainly did)- I believe it can transcend genre- in this case, "the boob tube" as it's, um, referred to in the land of the bumbling Americans (where we lose packages Wink)

take away the snazzy computers, car chases, weapons and current-event plot twists, and you still have great, human drama in Spooks- brought to life by extremely gifted performers-

bla bla bla

but really.. Silba
just sayin'

I don't see anything wrong with becoming "attached" to Harry Pearce, for ex, as to any well-developed/imagined character in a favorite play or novel..
[/quote]

Comments like these make me feel like its fate that the spooks final episode aired just at this time. For my exam which falls next week there is an essay question which asks 'Do tragic events in art affect/move us more than tragic events in real life'
After watching episode 6 last night I can say with a great deal of conviction 'hells yes!' And so many posts have given me the answer and argument to that question.
I woke up this mourning with a lingering sense of anguish and sadness but it has been truly wonderful to read and share with you all these emotions to the spooks finale
As someone said earlier it has been comforting and enlightening so thank you.
As I think W.H Auden said: 'a bliss born of pain'

It was the wind Ruth...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - pennyfeather - 24-10-2011 11:04 PM