Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
25-10-2011, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 11:13 PM by Ceridwyn2.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I forget who wrote this now:

Quote:Are we meant to believe that these officers will sacrifice themselves day in day out for their country and never get anything back. That in return for their sacrifice they will lead a life of depression, loneliness and devoid of hope.

In actuality, throughout the 10 seasons, the security sevices personnel have done just that. They know that in defending the Realm, they may well end up sacrificing their lives. MI-5, MI-6, CO19, military personnel and police service personnel know that it is a risk that comes with the job. They hope it doesn't happen, but sometimes it does. And really, relationship-wise, the only 'successful' ones were Adam and Fiona. Ruth and Harry only more recently have reacknowledged their feelings for each other.

They also 'get back' the knowledge and satisfaction of saving the nation from domestic and foreign terrorist plots on UK soil. Too often, one can hear/read in the news that the security services 'weren't doing enough' to stop terririst threats like the July 2006 (or 07' - I'm blanking atm) London bombings. Needless to say, that when they do get it right, the public generally isn't always made aware of the situation as it is.

They make friends and family with their coworkers. I would imagine the marital status rates for security services personnel is rather dismal.

Harry: "My God, Ruth. Is any institution safe from you?"
Ruth: "I like to think not."
-------------
Ceridwyn2
Celtic-Dragon's Blog
Ceridwyn2's Twitter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Ceridwyn2 - 25-10-2011 11:01 PM