Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
25-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Harry RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
Who would have thought that the end of a series could devide opinion's so much!
At the end of the day Spooks was an amazing idea that nobody thought would last 1 series never mind 10 and I've loved every single betrayal,loyal,high tempo,explosive,unfinshed buisness,storyline that has been written.
So Harry and Ruth didnt get there,well deserved,happy ending....niether did Danny and Zoe,Adam and Fiona,Ros and Adam,Tom and Ellie,even Malcolm and Colin didnt get the chance to grow old together coming up with new gadget's. Those tense 'will they wont they' moments made the programme I think,they kept it with a sense of real life instead of a soap opera,with everyone signing off to that little cottage by the sea and living happily ever after.
Dont get me wrong I would have loved for Harry and Ruth to have that second chance at love but,really,would we have been able to imagine them both sat by the fire,listening to classical music,Harry with his scotch and Ruth with her book's,not a care in the world about what could be going on around them,honestly I dont think I could imagine that myself but that's just my opinion.
Spooks for me wasnt just about the work of MI5 and the terror's they stop,it was about the true cost of what they have lost in their chosen career's?
Think about it,in dedicating their lives to their country none of them really had a chance of living any kind of 'normality',they all payed the ultimate cost i.e some lost their live's,some lost their identity and other's lost their loved one's,whether it was fact or fiction,Spooks involved us in the day to day life of a career that most would run a mile from and yet we felt for the sacrifice's they made.
I may be getting a little carried away with myself but in the end we all come here because we loved what we were watching unfold on our screens over that period of 60 minuite's that we became completely involved in.
I've read the post's of alternative ending's and fictional plot's that most of you have written and in the end they've all been about certain charactor's or particular storyline's and I dont understand why,just because it's finished,suddenly most are devided about the way it ended??
I,myself,loved every second of Spooks,whether people lived,died,found love or lost love,betrayed or were betrayed,agreed or disagreed....It was an amazing series with an amazing cast that made every episode an episode worth talking about on here.
As a fan of Peter Firth I will miss his witty one liner's and telling look's across the desk that could only ever be sat at by Sir Harry Pearce but most of all I will miss Spooks itself because even if the bbc tried to palm us off with something similar to what Spooks has given us it would never be the same,it would never have the same energy or cheimistry that all the cast have given us over the last ten series and I would hope that all Spooks fans would agree.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - pfgirl1980 - 25-10-2011 11:59 PM