Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
26-10-2011, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 06:51 AM by Sparky.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(25-10-2011 10:52 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I mocked you because you spent the last 10 series thinking the show was about one thing when it wasn't...

Silktie said:

I don't agree with this sentiment. Why MUST the show be the same thing for everyone? In my view, the aim of entertainment is to allow you to connect with something emotionally. We all connect with different aspects of what we are presented with, based on our own life experiences and the emotional baggage we all bring to the table. Just because other people don't connect with the show emotionally for the same reason I do, does not mean their view is invalid.

So I think it's great that so many different views have been expressed. It shows that Spooks was a layered, multi-faceted, high class drama that offered fans many ways to connect emotionally with it. I'd rather have that than something which only offered one thing.

Very good point and well made. Spooks was different things to different people and all viewpoints are equally valid IMO. People shouldn't be ridiculed or have their thoughts dismissed purely because they look at something in a different way to somebody else.

It's taken me a few days to come round to the ending and I'm slowly getting fully OK with it. Having said that, in all honesty, for me I'd rather they both lived and were together even if was for only that final 10 minutes. Didn't need a soapy/lovey ending with them running off hand in hand skipping down the hill to a cottage in the country, just something that would have given more closure to me and them alive and together would have done that for me. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it, no matter what others say!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Sparky - 26-10-2011 06:49 AM