Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
26-10-2011, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 06:48 PM by Gillymac.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I'm inclined to think that Coaver (the Americans in general actually) knew far more than he ever got the chance to tell. Remember that in our first introduction to him, he was in Langley being ordered to go to London. Someone in the upper echelons of the CIA knew that there was something brewing with the Russians and that Gavrik had something to do with it (even if they didn't know which one)...

Also, I think it's worth remembering that Elena and her goons were fairly isolated in London. If Harry had got the opportunity to work with Coaver and build a joint MI5/CIA team to investigate (assuming Coaver knew nothing other than Harry's supposed parentage of Sasha), I expect they would have been swiftly captured, particularly since the Mossad woman was a CIA asset.

I reckon the Coaver killing was a pre-emptive strike to prevent this from happening and allow the Russian nationalists to carry on with their plan.
I had previously posted the comments below on the Harry Pearce thread, but they're more appropriate here tbh:

Beatrice4Ruth & Festa,

While I'm here, perhaps you could answer a question for me? You seem particularly galled that we don't see any physical side of the H/R relationship - can I ask why? These two fine actors have conveyed more of their complicated relationship through subtlety of gesture and playing than any tawdry sex scene ever could IMHO. One thing obvious from your many posts is your absolute belief in the love that you feel H&R share. How would seeing them get down and dirty improve on that for you? Knowing how the story reaches it's conclusion, if you'd seen "intimacy", as you put it, how would you be feeling now - better or worse?

If you want to see middle aged people having sex however, I can recommend several helpful websites... JOKE!Angel

[Image: Harrysig.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Gillymac - 26-10-2011 06:36 PM