Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
27-10-2011, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 03:25 AM by A Cousin.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(26-10-2011 10:02 PM)kmac82 Wrote:  Came across this post from a reader on Wylie's blog. Thought it was interesting...

Well! Peter Firth said it was a 6-act Greek tragedy and I’ll be diddly-dog-damned if they gave us a 6-act Greek tragedy! I don’t know if this was intentionally done by Kudos, but it is almost more amazing if it wasn’t. None the less, it came complete with a Medea (Elena), an Oedipus (Sasha), a Penelope (Ruth), a Greek Chorus (the threats -of-the-week as played out by Erin/Dimitri), a sage (Calum), and I am pretty sure even Gavrik and Towers have some sort of parallel I haven’t figured out yet, not to mention the hubris, pathos, hamartia and anagnorisis of the sublimely magnificent man himself, Sir Harry Pearce. Topped off with a great, big, silent scream of a catharsis for the characters and viewers... Now THAT’S theater!

What kind of insufferable pedant would post such insensitive and over-intellectualized bullsh...!!! Thcussing

(*rubs eyes and peers again at screen....*) Flippin' heck, that's ME!!!! Blush

Uummm...

What kind of brillantly astute mind would post such a fascinating and provocative idea...Wink

Just a little theory I have been kicking around. Although I am wondering if Ruth might have as much of the "Antigone" in her as "Penelope". There is a little discussion about it going on in the Harry thread. Please do join in. Whether you appreciate the "tragic" aspects of S10 or not, I do think that in this respect at least, they did what they said they were going to do.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - A Cousin - 27-10-2011 03:24 AM