Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
27-10-2011, 05:59 AM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(26-10-2011 09:53 AM)binkie Wrote:  Things I didn't like so much:
- Should I be delighted that Tom's great escape has taken him only as far as contract killing?

These things are obviously in the eye of the beholder, but in my imagination Tom does not do this on a regular basis. In fact, he probably leads a very normal life. But Harry went to the best man he knew for the job, and that's Tom. And Tom agreed, because it was for Ruth. So to my mind it was a once-off job for Tom.

And I think the killing of that Russian dude, whose name I've forgotten, was not only revenge for Ruth's death. The whole thing happened because this man was hell-bent on scuppering the partnership between Russia and Britain, and he would surely have tried again. So killing him serves a dual purpose: securing the Russia/Britain deal and avenging Ruth.

(26-10-2011 06:57 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  That said, in the moment, I thought she meant that Harry was too decent to fight Coaver any harder when he confronted Harry during the extraction. Harry also understood that Coaver was protecting his agents by blocking the extraction. The sacrificing of the many (agents) for the few (Elena/Sasha). Even then with Harry, it's all in the maths, I suppose.

Upon rewatching, I see that I got it wrong. Elena did not say Harry was too decent to go through with the extraction, but that he was decent because he burned her in the first place - possibly referring to the fact that he ended her 'career' as his asset to protect her and Sasha? I can see how that can be termed a decent thing to do. She then begged Harry to extract her so she could continue to try and turn him, and he was going to do it against orders, but Jim stopped him.

(26-10-2011 11:26 PM)nimax1 Wrote:  
(26-10-2011 06:23 PM)harrbd Wrote:  Yes, why was Jim Coaver kidnapped and killed. I don't think he knew about Elena because he said to Harry that they would work together to figure it out.

I believe we are to make the connection that Elena had him kidnapped (and used her husband's bodyguards to do her dirty work) from Harry's clutches because she did not want the two of them to work on it together and "figure it out" which most likely they would have. Now how she found out that Harry had him is beyond me. Ruth told Towers. How'd that get to Elena. Who knows? Of course, maybe the bad guys were watching Coaver's kidnap by Harry and they followed them. And then they threw him out of the back of the van when they were followed to get away from Harry. A lot of put together but it is the only thing that makes sense to me.

The timing of Coaver's death makes me think it was done to get Harry in trouble with the CIA. Elena could have had Coaver killed as soon as she came to London, but she didn't, because she needed him to be the fall-guy in the 'fake Harry' saga. But as soon as Harry grabs Coaver, she realises he will eventually convince Harry of his innocence, and he is therefore no longer of use to her. So she can kill him and at the same time get Harry removed from the scene by the Americans.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Silktie - 27-10-2011 05:59 AM