Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
27-10-2011, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 01:58 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(27-10-2011 09:03 AM)Naivety Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 07:28 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 03:24 AM)A Cousin Wrote:  Well! Peter Firth said it was a 6-act Greek tragedy and I’ll be diddly-dog-damned if they gave us a 6-act Greek tragedy!

As soon as I read that post I thought, fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the writings of A Cousin...Wink

So did I! Although I don't pretend to understand it!! Silba

Hee. It was the "diddly-dog-damned" that gave me away, wasn't it? Big Grin Wink

And Naivety, I don't believe that for a second! Thhug

(27-10-2011 09:03 AM)Naivety Wrote:  On another note....Gavrik's speech of 10.5 'I have a tortoise in the garden...' turned out to be empty words. Turned out that his wife, and son etc was all based on a lie. Harry had none of those things but he did have the true (unresolved) love of a loyal woman. Who was the luckier man?

Good point. But I don't think they were empty words, per se. I thought it very interesting that, despite completely under-estimating Harry, by the time we get to 10.6 we realize that Iyla was being nothing more than completely forthright in that speech. He really did it for the love of Elena. But once he finds out how duplicitous she has been, he follows through and kills her with his own hands. It is quite a moment b/c she knows exactly what is coming, there is not one iota of surprise in her eyes. Both Harry and Ilya lose the woman they love pretty much by their own mistake, the mistake of completely underestimating Elena.
(27-10-2011 12:45 PM)Ceridwyn2 Wrote:  I'm a nurse by profession, and a fan fiction writer for fun.

OK then you are good person to ask. Ruth's cold face means internal bleeding, correct? Or does it mean cardiac arrest? I did not get the sense that it was part of the collapsing lung that was not life threatening in itself. Rather that it was something in addition to the collapsing lung?

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - A Cousin - 27-10-2011 01:56 PM