Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
27-10-2011, 07:56 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(27-10-2011 07:43 PM)tammy1 Wrote:  while I agree that Harry and Ruth between the sheets would have been wrong, a few more kisses would have been on spot. Also, the writers could have started a relationship there without showing us the mechanism - dates, or even a wedding - but something implied, like Harry making Ruth a cup of tea in the morning, or both of them comming to work in the same car.

Except for the kissing here or there (which would have been nice) it seemed that all of Series 10 hinted at something quite different about their relationship from what had existed before 9.8 and the months between that and the end of the inquiry. There's not as much flirting as there is "couple-ness" - at least that is what I saw. I think it is way more than best friend, confidante, etc. (although it is certainly that). One doesn't give away a state secret and maybe one's career, title, life, lightly. I think the appearance of Elena creates tensions and an estrangement because the relationship is so new but how more clear (in their own muddy way) could the conversation in the car about the difference between love and guilt be; the conversation on the bench at the end of Episode 5; the reference to the proposal of marriage. These are not just best buds. They're definitely together in my mind; they just don't quite know how to deal with it now that they are in the whole Gavrik mess and unfortunately we get the tragic results. That is what I see, but I guess others see different stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - nimax1 - 27-10-2011 07:56 PM